Travel Photography Competition of the Year 2013 – Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary to participate in the competition.
2. Participation in the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. By entering you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
3. The organiser of this competition is hitchhikershandbook.com, the promoters and sponsors are: La Francesca Resort, Clickbooq, 1x.com, OtherPeoplesPixels, All You, Big Folio and Portfolio Lounge.
4. The closing date for voting is 18th May at 16:59 CET. Votes received after this date and time will not be accepted.
5. This promotion is open to global entrants who participated in any edition of the weekly Travel Photography Competitions run by hitchhikershandbook.com in 2013. The complete list of all photographers admitted to the competition is available here.
6. Employees of the promoter and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner), its agencies, or anyone professionally associated with the promotion are excluded from entering the competition.
7. By entering, participants agree to be bound by these rules. Hitchhikershandbook.com reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time if it has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.
8. Voting is executed on hitchhikershandbook.com and Facebook.com and votes received on both of these platforms are accumulative.
9. Voting on Facebook.com involves pressing the “like” button under the pictures. Voting for more than one photo is allowed. Only votes received by pictures published by hitchhikershandbook.com will be counted. Votes received under pictures which were “shared” by users do not count.
10. Voting on hitchhikershandbook.com is executed on the voting page and it involves entering your email address and pressing “send”.
Only one vote per person is allowed! Using disposable emails system is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
11. The 1st (“gold”) prize is: (a) a 3-day stay at La Francesca Resort (19011 Bonassola (SP), Italy) for two people between 1st October 2014 and 31st March 2015 (worth €300); (b) a yearly subscription to the online portfolio on clickbook.com (worth $288); (c) a limited edition photo book by 1x.com ($99); (d) an interview with the winner and a showcase of their work published on hitchhikershandbook.com.
12. The “silver” prize for the 1st runner up is: (a) a yearly subscription to the online portfolio Standard Plan on otherpeoplespixels.com (worth $192); (b) a limited edition photo book by 1x.com ($99).
13. The “silver” prize for the 2nd runner up is: (a) a yearly subscription to the online portfolio Titanium Plan on allyou.net (worth $180); (b) a limited edition photo book by 1x.com ($99).
14. The “silver” prize for the 3rd runner up is: (a) a yearly subscription to the online portfolio RUBIX Website Solution on bigfolio.com (worth $108); (b) a limited edition photo book by 1x.com ($99).
15. The “silver” prize for the 4rth runner up is: (a) a yearly subscription to the online Pro Membership on Portfolio Lounge (worth $95); (b) a limited edition photo book by 1x.com ($99).
16. The “bronze” prizes for the following 24 runners-up are yearly subscriptions to the online Pro Membership on Portfolio Lounge (worth $95).
17. The winners will be contacted about the prizes within 15 days of the closing date via the internet.
18. The prizes must be taken by the prize winners and may not be transferred to or used by any third party.
19. The vote counting will take place on 18th May. The winners will be published on hitchhikershandbook.com and be notified within 15 days on Facebook under the winning photo. The prize winner is required to accept his/her prize by email within ten days of notification. In the event of non-acceptance, an alternative winner with the second largest amount of votes will be selected.
20. Hitchhikershandbook.com shall be entitled to terminate or modify the promotion or to modify these rules at any time prior to the closing date.
21. In the event of a dispute, the decision of hitchhikershandbook.com shall be final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. No cash or other alternative is available to the prizes.
23. Hitchhikershandbook.com is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
24. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this competition at any time.
25. Hitchhikershandbook.com assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected votes or for any failure of the website during the competition period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment software, failure of any vote to be received by hitchhikershandbook.com on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any web site, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating and entering in the promotion. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, hitchhikershandbook.com reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Votes are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically MV reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, plagiarised, altered or tampered with in any way.
26. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of hitchhikershandbook.com and accordingly hitchhikershandbook.com may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall be attached to hitchhikershandbook.com as a result thereof.
27. Hitchhikershandbook.com has organised this competition in good faith and does not accept liability relating to the prizes.
28. Hitchhikershandbook.com will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with this promotion, if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside its reasonable control, including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
29. We will not pass your data on to third parties.
30. These terms and conditions are available in English only and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the entrant’s country of residence.
31. Hitchhikershandbook.com reserves the right to use any images that are included in the competition. We also reserve the right to use the images on the hitchhikershandbook.com website and in other promotional activities.