Travelling, with it’s essentially risk-taking nature, is the natural home of an anecdote. People who are prepared to challenge their own pre-conceptions and take a leap into the unknown are, more often than not, natural storytellers. By putting on the backpack alone, you have become an observer, your perception is a window and here we are inviting you to share your image.
On our journeys we have had some great experiences that we think others might be interested in.
Our previous stories:
- Family celebrations in Southeast Asia – wedding (Laos)
(posted on 23rd November 2012)
Our first days in Laos, dealing with the insupportable heat and attending a local wedding. This is the first part of a series of posts about family celebrations in Southeast Asia.
- A day in the life of a hitch-hiker: from Spain to Portugal
(posted on 27th October 2012)
Have you ever wondered what a day in the life of a hitch-hiker is like? Then read our soty about our journey from Spain to Portugal. With everything from baking heat, via a drug addict to a van full of hippies… Who’d have thought getting from A to B could be so interesting?
- Our squat-surfing experience in Madrid
(posted on 7th October 2012)
Have you ever slept in a squat? a dingy, murky house that smelled of shit? that was owned by people from the margins of society? where the only way to forget was to drink to oblivion… No? well, we have and this is our story with a valuable lesson for us all.
- The story of a jungle hike and our first lift
(posted on 8th June)
Our first jungle hike and the first hitch-hiking experience. How exciting can one day get?
- The night and the morning after: an evening at a Georgian Supra (posted on 15th May 2012)
A heady mix of food and chilled red wine?
It can only be a Georgian supra.
- The unofficial border crossing (posted on 22nd April 2012)
If you are a hitch-hiker, you might not always remember all the drivers who gave you a lift, but you will remember all the border crossings you have ever crossed on foot.
- JP & the thousand km hitch-hike (posted on 17th April, 2012)
Occasionally things take a turn for the strange and you find yourself in a Thai bierhalle eating spicy fish with your new Thai best friend…
- A Tale of Two Border Crossings (posted on 15th April 2012)
Crossing in borders in Turkey is not for the faint-hearted. Read our tale and learn how to wrestle though a crowd and stare longingly across no-man’s-land.
- Crazy traffic in Vietnam (posted on 14th April 2012)
In Vietnam crossing the road in one piece verges on the miraculous… Have a look at the pictures and our VIDEOS of this death-defying exploit!
- My hitch-hiking nine to five (posted on 13th April 2012)
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to hitch-hike? so here you are, we’ve got a first-hand experience for you! hope you enjoy the read.
- Reisefieber (posted on 1st April, 2012)
A 3 minute read for you…. about the calm before the storm and the apprehension that goes hand in hand with travelling.
- Our hitch-hike to Gaziantep, Turkey
(posted on 28th March, 2012)
What are the chances of meeting your hitch-hiking driver again? It happened to us only a few times; this is one of these stories…
- Jon’s Laotian malady (posted on 26th March, 2012)
What would you do if you thought you contracted a tropical disease? This is what we did…
- Thaksin’s Red Shirts (posted on 17th March, 2012)
Political activism meets 100km an hour motorway madness. Read about our encounter with Thaksin’s red shirts…
- Sulphur Baths, Tbilisi (posted on 4th February, 2012)
While in Tbilisi, we had an opportunity to visit the city’s famed sulphur baths and look at Tbilisians from a slightly different perspective.