6 things to do for free in Oviedo
6 Things to do for free in Oviedo
Everybody enjoys free things and we here at HitchHikers Handbook are no different. Here are our suggestions for 6 things to do for free in Oviedo for those on a tight budget but still want to get the most out of the city.
1. The city’s star attraction and UNESCO world heritage site the Cathedral of San Salvador, Oviedo (Plaza Alfonso II s/n, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. & 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. but check monument & sights guide for more details) is Free, although you will have to pay to enter the Holy Chamber.
2. Standing on Plaza de la Constitución you can see the wonderful façades of Ayuntamiento de Oviedo, Iglesia de San Isidoro as well as many other wonderful buildings.
3. Museo de Bellas Artes de Asturias (Museum of Fine Arts of Asturias) (Calle de Santa Ana, 1-3, 10.30 a.m. – 2 p.m. & 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. but check monument & sights guide for more details) is considered one of Spain‘s best and is Free.
4. Stroll through the expansive Campo de San Francisco and be joined by elegant Blue Peafowls which stalk around the park,
5. Museo de la Iglesia de Oviedo (Oviedo Church Museum), can be found over the Gothic cloister of the Catedral de San Salvador de Oviedo and contains eight halls displaying a wide variety of religious pieces spanning 1500 years. It is free to enter on Thursday afternoons.
6. Take stock on Plaza del Fontán, enjoying the wonderfully quaint blue and yellow design, from there head to the Mercado del Fontán and soak up the sights, sounds of smells of Oviedo.
written by: Jon